Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Inspired!

First of all—Congratulation Barack Obama! We have the first black president. And it’s not only this, Barack Obama gives us hope. Although I can’t vote, I still feel the excitement around me. This year is the combination of both crisis and miracles. Despite the fact of mortgage crisis and economic downturn, we have seen the highest voter turnout, especially young voters, and we have the first black president! That means people still have hope and they believe they can do something for change. I’m inspired by people’s participation in the election.

Obama was right that we’ve been through such a long way. His success means more than a president. I can’t say racism or sexism has come to an end. However, Obama’s being elected conveyed the information that African Americans or Hispanics are actually part of our country. We’ve been working on this for decades, and now we are more confident of eliminating racism.
Obama’s being elected gives people courage.

McCain also did a good job though. He displayed great patriotism during the election. Obama and McCain are all for the good of United States in spite of party differences. They are all Americans. And people will remember both of them.

It’s not the end. It’s a start.

2 comments:

laurel said...

I think that McCain's concession speech was really wonderfully done. He was sincere and said what was best for the country not himself or his party. I had lost some respect for McCain during the race but his speech reminded me that he is a good politician. I really respect what he said. I think by the end his audience became more respectful but it did bother me that he was being interrupted by boos in the beginning. I know they were good intentioned boos (showing that they still supported him) but he clearly did not want them.
What a beginning it was!

Margaret said...

I was suprised when I heard the boo too. McCain couldn't control his supporters though, so it's not his fault. I like his good mannered concession speech too. So it's a perfect ending, no matter to Obama or to McCain--both of them ended with success. Obama won the election, while McCain succeeded in making this far. I respct both of them.